I will not lie…I pinned this recipe on Pinterest…but then I didn’t follow it because it was a little more work than I wanted to do at that moment. So, I did it the LazySuzie way and omitted a few steps and you know what? It tasted delicious and I think it made it even healthier!
So here’s what you need to make this
Sweet Potaotes (as many as the number of people you want to feed)
Red Seedless Grapes (about 1/2 c. of separated grapes per person)
Grape Seed or Orange Oil (about 1/4 tsp. per 1/2 cup of grapes)
Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
2-3 Tbsp. Goat’s Cheese (per person)
Real maple syrup or honey to drizzle on top (I used maple syrup! Yummo)
1) toss the grapes in the oil (I used orange oil to add a little extra flavor), season with sea salt and pepper (don’t omit this, this is what makes the grapes taste so amazing) and bake in the oven on 350F until they just begin to burst. Remove from oven and let cool.
2) Wash sweet potatoes, poke a hole in them with a fork, and wrap in foil. Place in the still hot oven and bake for about one hour.
3) When done, remove from oven and carefully cut a slit in the top and squish from both long ends to expose the filling.
4) Top with goat’s cheese and a few scoops of the roasted grapes.
5) Drizzle with honey or maple syrup and enjoy!
That’s it! They were so good…like INSANELY good…trust me, you won’t miss the extra step of removing the potato filling and mashing it with butter and goat’s cheese and adding cinnamon and nutmeg until it tastes like pumpkin pie, and then refilling the empty shells and layering on more goat’s cheese and grapes and honey…REALLY, you won’t! But in case you want it that way you can click here to find those extra steps.
Have a great day y’all…and if I get another cup of coffee in me I’ll share the other insanely good thing I baked yesterday :)
From my house and home to you and yours!