Cruel Girl in the City

You’ve seen this little Cruel Girl shirt dress before. It was featured when I did the Langston’s Western Wear boot give-away while back in Edinburgh. Well, that post was all about the boots so I wanted to give this little dress a do over with a different look that takes it out of the country and into the city.

Cruel Girl in the City - UrbanCountryStyle

Cruel Girl in the City - UrbanCountryStyle

Cruel Girl in the City - UrbanCountryStyle

Dress-Cruel Girl c/o Langstons Western Wear; Vest-Banana Republic (0ld); Shoes-Zara (old); Purse-Halston Heritage (old)

Just yesterday, I cleaned out my closet (can you tell by all the “old” references in the style description?). There are now so many pieces of my wardrobe that are just itching for a do over like this too! I can’t wait to share :)

Have a great day Y’all!

Love,

~Suzie

25 Comments on Cruel Girl in the City

1. An Irish Male In America
    March 1, 2013 at 3:01 PM (2 years ago)

I’m very surprised those colours work so well together! That dress just seems to be refined yet so darn casual at the same time. It’s like a whole bunch of contradictions blended together that come out working. Not sure it would work as well on me though!

• Suzie Salmon
      March 1, 2013 at 5:36 PM (2 years ago)

Lol Ian! I love the colors in this dress. So vibrant and unexpected, and they were especially a welcome hit of color in Scotland in October! And you know the shirt version of it would look great too! :)

2. jentine
    February 19, 2013 at 1:03 PM (3 years ago)

Legsssss….. You looks great!

• Suzie Salmon
      February 19, 2013 at 9:59 PM (3 years ago)

:) Thank you Yen!

3. Raquel
    February 16, 2013 at 12:15 PM (3 years ago)

Looking good Suzie! I wish it was skirt & short weather around here again : ( And here is to cleaning out your closet, isn’t it one of the best feelings ever?

• Suzie Salmon
      February 18, 2013 at 11:39 AM (3 years ago)

Raquel, we always get a brief hit of very nice weather in February around here…then it rains for 3 more months so don’t be too jealous! lol

4. Carrie
    February 15, 2013 at 8:41 PM (3 years ago)

Love, love, love! Could you step into my closet for a day?
    Carrie

• Suzie Salmon
      February 16, 2013 at 9:42 AM (3 years ago)

Any time Carrie ;)

5. Shae
    February 14, 2013 at 4:02 AM (3 years ago)

You look great and your energy is contagious! I love cleaning out my closet and putting to together seasonal looks, so jealous that spring is on your door step. Enjoy my friend and Happy Valentines day!

• Suzie Salmon
      February 14, 2013 at 3:37 PM (3 years ago)

Thanks Shae…but the energy stopped at the closet door. lol Happy Valentine’s Day to you too girl!

• Suzie Salmon
      February 14, 2013 at 3:36 PM (3 years ago)

Aw! Thanks Whitley!

6. Lori
    February 13, 2013 at 6:17 PM (3 years ago)

Suzie -I am agreeing with Brandy! If only god gave me legs instead of hair – Yeah….
    Fabulous look – love the backdrop too! I wanna be there!
    Great work goin on and who KNOWS how long that status has been connected to my signature!
    ~L

• Suzie Salmon
      February 13, 2013 at 6:26 PM (3 years ago)

Sending all the love right back at ya Lori! Thanks girl!!!

• Lori
        February 13, 2013 at 7:16 PM (3 years ago)

Wanted to initiate that email but when my email went belly up a white back, I am not finding it in alphabetical order so it may be awhile or you could just send me one and I will reply!

7. Lori
    February 13, 2013 at 6:13 PM (3 years ago)

LOVE THE LOOK! Read the news! HOW FUN ??!! Great idea!
    C

8. Brandy
    February 13, 2013 at 6:06 PM (3 years ago)

More like Hot Girl in the City! Awesome outfit and those shoes and legs compliment that dress perfectly!

• Suzie Salmon
      February 13, 2013 at 6:25 PM (3 years ago)

Ummm ((blushing))…thank you Brandy!!!

• Suzie Salmon
      February 13, 2013 at 5:48 PM (3 years ago)

Thanks so much Jenn!

9. Rhonda
    February 13, 2013 at 5:28 PM (3 years ago)

Wow, purse and shoes match the dress perfectly! And looked at those long, strong, fit legs :)

• Suzie Salmon
      February 18, 2013 at 11:39 AM (3 years ago)

You’re way too kind Rhonda! Thank you!!!

3Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Cruel Girl in the City

1. […] – Cruel Girl (c/o Langston’s Western Wear) also seen here and here; Boots – Dingo/Dan Post (c/o Langston’s Western Wear); Vest – Forever 21 […]

2. […] found this dress way way way in the back of my closet when I was on the cleaning binge I talked about a few weeks ago. I don’t think I’ve worn it for over 10 years! Now, I see no reason why I […]

3. […] you see a few weeks ago the great styling on this Cruel Girl Dress by Urban Country Style? I love the heels with it. Any dress I can wear with both boots and heels belongs in my […]

Tell Me What You Think...